Jungle Scout is essentially a product research tool by Amazon that is basically the go-to for anyone selling on Amazon.
It comes in both a WebApp and Chrome Extension, which can be used to find and/or access products that are not easily picked out from Amazon’s extensive database.
While the WebApp lets you filter the Amazon database by category, sales, price or product among other variables, in a bid to help you find potential items you can sell that may be hidden in Amazon’s stock, the Chrome Extension helps you gather data from a page or search.
But for purposes of this discussion, we’ll focus on Jungle Scout Chrome Extension so you can understand what it is, what it does, how it works, and finally how you can install it.
Jungle Scout Chrome Extension: What it is, what it does, and how it works?
The Jungle Scout Chrome Extension is a real-time Amazon product fact-checker that lets you explore and validate your ideas using trusted sales data.
With this extension, you can fulfill tasks such as:
- Explore new product ideas as you browse
- Get accurate, real-time metrics about products
- Get virtually every relevant metric you could ever want to know about a product with a single click
- Get accurate, real-time insights from any page you choose
- Filter by metrics such as price, rank, estimated sales and more, so you can spot the best opportunities to pursue
Basically, if you love metrics and you’re serious about being a power seller on Amazon, then you need the kind of data that the Jungle Scout Chrome Extension provides.
The Jungle Scout Chrome Extension comes in Lite and Pro versions.
The Lite version is the most basic, with features just enough to allow you to perform good product research, giving details such as average monthly sales, average sales rank, average price and reviews for each product you choose.
Once you click JS button on your Chrome browser, you’ll see default columns displaying information such as product name, brand, price, category, rank, and estimates on sales and revenue, number of reviews, rating, and BB seller.
The Pro version is more advanced as it has additional features over and above those on the Lite version.
What’s different with it, however, is its additional information columns from which you can get the FBA fee, new sellers, item length, width and height, item weight, tier (size-standard or oversized), and the net fees after FBA fees are deducted.
It also has the ability to filter product search results, but requires an Amazon professional sellers account to enjoy the additional features and data.
Once you decide on which of the two versions you’d like to use, you can now install the Jungle Scout Chrome Extension.
How to install Jungle Scout Chrome Extension?
The Jungle Scout Chrome Extension is installed into your Google Chrome browser, but it operates inside the Amazon website, gathering data with just a click on the extension.
To install it, do the following:
- Sign up for Jungle Scout
- Make sure you are using Google Chrome as your browser; the extension will not download to your computer if you’re not running Chrome
- Log into the members area on Jungle Scout
- Click the Extension tab at the top of the homepage
- A page will open, click the orange Install Chrome Extension button
- Once the extension is downloaded (whether you went for the Lite or Pro version), the Jungle Scout icon will appear at the top right corner of your screen. For the Lite version, it is a black and orange JS, while the Pro version will have a black and orange JSPro icon.
- Close all of your Chrome browsers and reopen them.
- Enter your username and password and Jungle Scout will store them for future use
You’re now all set and ready to start using the Jungle Scout Chrome Extension for a profitable online business.